In today's society we lead very busy lifestyles and often negate our sleep in compensation for other things. If we have too much to do we cut back on a few hours of sleep. If we continue down this path we start to have these symptoms: foggy head, lethargy, minimal mental clarity and low in energy. if this cycle continues it can lead to more serious health complications. In Ayurveda we like to focus on prevention and letting the body flow with the natural rhythm of the day. So the body and mind is working efficiently during the day and resting really well at night. One of the best ways to maximise your sleep is through this golden milk recipe.
- 1 Cup Non- homogenised Milk
- 1 tsp Tumeric powder
- 1 tsp Cardamon powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Nutmeg powder or grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp of Jaggery (rapdura sugar for sweetening)
- Add milk to a pot and turn stove on medium
- Add the herbs and spices before the milk starts to boil
- Bring the milk and ingredients to boil two times
- Let the liquid cool to a warm temperature and drink!