How To Make BuckWheat Pancakes
Who would of thought Pancakes could be so Healthy?
Thanks to the buckwheat flour, these pancakes possess a light and airy consistency that quietly surrenders to the pressure of a fork and soaks up maple syrup like a sponge.
Buckwheat, a gluten-free option, has a delicate, almost nutty flavour all its own.
The pancakes pair well with berries, as shown here, or with a healthy swipe of organic maple syrup.
The Key to making the perfect Buckwheat pancake is a HOT pan and a good spoonful of Ghee.
Buckwheat Pancake Recipe
- 1/4 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp Almond milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom powder
- Ghee for frying (optional)
- Milk all ingredients, adding water a little at the time to make a smooth runny batter.
- Heat any non-stick pan to low heat
- Pour on 2 tablespoons of batter & spread to make a pancake. ( Note: spread it as thin as
possible, like crepe.)
- Optional: When bubbles start appearing on surface of pancake, spoon 1 teaspoon of ghee around edges to loosen.
- Turnover and cook other side, spooning ghee (optional) around edges to make crisp.
- Serve with maple syrup
Prep time: 3 mins
Cooking time: 10-15 mins
© 2020 Healthdynamics360. All rights reserved