• 1 packed cup mint leaves
• 1 packed cup parsley leaves, without stalks
• Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled
• ¼ cup toasted almonds
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Purée together mint leaves, parsley, lemon zest, garlic, toasted almonds, salt and olive oil until smooth.
2. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
3. Keeps up to 2 weeks in the fridge (cover the top with a layer of oil).
Adapted from A Free Range Life by Annabel Langbein