How To Make Moong Macadamia Lamingtons
Try This Australian Classic with a Twist
You will absolutely love my lamington recipe – made from Moong Beans, Macadamia nuts and Buckwheat Flour that make them taste purely delicious.
The secret to coating your lamingtons is to lightly spread the Cacao thinly and delicately over the cake - then lightly dip in your coconut.
Be gentle - make them with love and you'll have the most delicious lamingtons you've ever tasted.
Moong Macadamia Lamintong Recipe
- 1/3 cup Moong Beans
- 1Tblsp Psyllium Husk
- ¾ cup Macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup Ghee
- 3tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Rice flour
- ½ cup Buckwheat Flour
- ½ cup Tapioca Flour
- ¾ cup Rapadura Sugar
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup Rapadura Sugar
- 2 Tblsp Raw Cacao
- 2 cups Desiccated Coconut
- Soak the moong beans overnight.
- Line a 20cm X 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Mix the Psyllium Husk into ¼ cup water with a fork.
- Mix the Psyllium husk into 1/4 cup of water with a fork. Set aside to set while preparing other ingredients
- Preheat an oven to180C
- Finely chop the soaked moong beans and macadamia nuts in a food processor.
- In a bowl roughly quick mix all cake ingredients with a spoon except for the egg whites.
- In a clean bowl use an electric beater to whip the egg whites till soft peaks form.
- Using the same beaters mix the cake mix on high speed for 3 mins.
- Fold the egg whites into the beaten cake mix.
- Pour evenly into the prepared tin and cook for 20 minutes or until a skewer pulls clean from the cake.
- Tip the cake onto a flat plate and remove the paper. Tip the cake again onto a wire rack and leave to cool 5 minutes.
- To make the Lamingtons, trim the edges and top of the cake so that it is as square as possible. (Nibble the off cuts to make sure that the cake is tasting good).
- Cut the cake into 12 pieces (3 X 4).
- Coat each piece in the chocolate sauce using a small pair of tongs. Roll each piece inc coconut.
- Place coconut milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce until the chocolate coating until it just coats the back of a spoon.
- Let the chocolate sauce cool
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
© 2020 Healthdynamics360. All rights reserved