• 1/3 cup moong beans, washed, soaked and boiled until tender, then drained
• 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
• 2 tbsp ghee
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• ¼ tsp asafoetida (optional)
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp fennel seed powder
• ½ tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp coriander seed powder
• 2 ½ cups water
• ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
• Salt to taste
• Juice of ½ a large lemon (around 4 tbsp)
1. Wash soak and cook the moong beans in a pot until tender. (See Moong Bean Soup steps 1-3 on exact cooking process).
2. Heat the ghee in a large pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
3. Add the garlic and fry until aromatic. Add the turmeric, coriander seed and fennel seed powder and water. Bring to the boil.
4. Add the moong beans, spinach, salt and lemon juice and allow to boil for three to four minutes. Add the chopped coriander.
5. Blend until roughly pureed.
6. Return to the pan and bring to a low simmer. Remove from the heat and check the seasoning. Garnish with more chopped coriander if you like.