Top 5 Ayurvedic Tools for Great Health
Thousands of years before science proved a connection between the body and mind, the sages of India had already developed Ayurveda.
It’s one of the most powerful medicines in the world and it’s curing illnesses like cancer, tumours, autoimmune diseases and so much more.
The benefits are vast and varied, but ultimately Ayurveda treats the root cause of a health issue, not just the symptoms. It can improve your metabolism and digestion; treat obesity and reduce water retention; reduce blood-sugar and cholesterol levels; control blood pressure and so much more. It really is amazing how it works and how the body responds.
- Eat a balanced diet that includes the six Ayurvedic tastes – sweet, salty, sour, pungent, bitter, and astringent – and consume food with the colours of the rainbow including deep blue, purple, red, green and orange. This delicious Moong soup recipe incorporates all the tastes.
- Understand what your unique mind-body type is – vata, pitta or kapha and the specific needs that derive from it.
- Get abundant restful sleep without drugs or alcohol. Try our recipe of Golden Milk to help with sleep.
- Listen to your body when it expresses itself through signals of comfort or discomfort. One of the main signals is to eat when you are hungry and not when you are not hungry. In other words, don't just eat because it's your normal meal time, if you aren't hungry, wait for your digestive system to signal that you are. This is important for good digestion.
- Strengthen your digestive system to create healthy tissues and eliminate waste products and toxins. Try a ginger and fennel tea (take ¼ tsp of each herb in a cup of hot water) and sip for a simple detox remedy at home.
Want to find out your unique body type … check out this blog.