• 1 cup cooked moong beans
• 1 small onion chopped
• 2-3 cloves of garlic
• 1/2 cup of chopped coriander and parsley
• 1-2 tsp each cumin seeds and coriander seeds
• 1 tsp each red pepper flakes and turmeric
• 3-5 tsp potato starch (optional)
• Salt to taste
1. Add all the ingredients mentioned above in food processor and grind this into a coarse texture.
2. Mix this coarse mixture with potato starch to form falafel balls.
3. Keep all balls in the fridge for about 30 to 40 minutes to set and firm up.
4. Take your skillet and place it on a low medium heat and add two drop of olive oil or coconut oil. Place the flattened balls and cook them on the low medium heat. Flip them after couple of minutes to cook on the other side.
5. Eat them with tahini and wrapped with lettuce.
Adapted from Happy Belly cook book by Nadya Andreeva.